Muslim Public Affairs Committee

General discussions
Hobbesian World View

Re: Muslim Public Affairs Committee

Post by Hobbesian World View » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:19 am

frau antje wrote:i'm dutch living in germany.

must say the situation with muslims in germany is bad.
but not as bad as the big cities in Holland.
Great post frau antje. Thanks for coming on the board. We need more posters like you, with real life experience from the front line. As most of this forum members seem to be naive young students living in Cork, who havent seen first hand the mess that multiculturalism has caused in places like Holland.
frau antje wrote:In Ireland, because it used to be a poor country and therefore not attractive, you still have a choice how you want your country to look in 20 years. That's a biggie, worth thinking about.
That choice is disappearing every day because of people like smiffy who are determined to follow holland and to make white people a minority in irish cities.
frau antje wrote:asking patients to speak dutch is considered racist. while if their culture describes that women cannot learn foreign languages, and should be beaten when willing to learn the language, than that should be respected. (???)
Yep, thats the line they take here also. Its the "reductio ad racism" tactic. Anything they happen to disagree with, they call racist. Its very similar to the way the medieval church persecuted heretics. Anyone who disagreed with them was labelled a heretic.
smiffy

Post by smiffy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:25 am

Hobbesian World View wrote:That choice is disappearing every day because of people like smiffy who are determined to follow holland and to make white people a minority in irish cities.
Untrue.
Atheism is a religion the same way that NOT collecting stamps is a hobby - Scott Adams
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:32 am

Hobbesian World View

I do not want to hear any more about your opinion of other forum members here, and that is final.

By all means criticise the content of other posts, but lay off the character bashing.
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
Hobbesian World View

Post by Hobbesian World View » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Ygern wrote:I do not want to hear any more about your opinion of other forum members here, and that is final.

By all means criticise the content of other posts, but lay off the character bashing.
Id say banning smiffy would bring some peace back to the board. Half his posts seem to be pro-religion. Such posts antagonise genuine atheists. I dont know why he wants to hang out on atheist.ie.
smiffy

Post by smiffy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Hobbesian World View wrote:Half his posts seem to be pro-religion.
Again - on a factual point - untrue. As for the rest, I'll leave it to others to judge.
Atheism is a religion the same way that NOT collecting stamps is a hobby - Scott Adams
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Insulting Smiffy is like... is similar to... is :lol: almost...blasphemy!
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:24 pm

smiffy wrote:One should note that nothing in the post above has anything to do with religion. I'd ask the poster to provide a source for his story about the '20 Muslim boys' on the bus but when it comes to posts like these (which are ten a penny across the internet), factual accuracy tends to take a back seat to vague unproven anecdotes.
I lived in Rotterdam (I am born and breth there) and have found that Muslim youth are constantly herrasing woman. This is not anecdotal!! We (the Dutch) have been ruled by a politic correctnes that made it impossible to address these problems.

If you dare to critcise anything to do with islam you take the risk to end up death like the film director Theo Van Gogh. Under the flag of their culture and religion we let this happen for to long.

Dutch girls are considered whores and gays are pigs accoording to the imaams. We had reporters over and over again reporting about what was being said in the mosques but our political correct brigade was always putting it down as anecdotal and their culture. So yes it has evrything to do with religion!

Because people like you are saying it is anecdotal we are in this mess. Most of my friends immigrated because of this issue to other countries like I did. It is that bad and I lived in one of the better parts of the city.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
smiffy

Post by smiffy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:27 pm

I lived in Rotterdam (I am born and breth there) and have found that Muslim youth are constantly herrasing woman. This is not anecdotal!! We (the Dutch) have been ruled by a politic correctnes that made it impossible to address these problems.
I was referring specifically to the alleged rape of a girl by twenty Muslim boys on a bus. Can you provide a source for that? If not, it is just an anecdote.

I am more familiar than you might think with the situation in the Netherlands, and am well aware that there is a huge, ongoing debate in the country around both Islam and immigration. It's simply wrong to say that anyone who dares to criticise anything about Islam is under a death threat (take a look at the coverage of Tariq Ramadan in Rotterdam over the past few days, for example).

Yes, there's certainly more that can be done (on all sides) to facilitate integration, and there are particular problems around second and third generation immigrants. However, one approach that's not likely to make finding a solution to the various difficulties any smoother is making sweeping generalisations and tarring every member of a large minority community with a single brush.
Hobbesian World View

Post by Hobbesian World View » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:36 pm

Tulip1 wrote:I lived in Rotterdam (I am born and breth there) and have found that Muslim youth are constantly herrasing woman.
Great post Tulip. Yes I think the official figures are that Dutch people became a minority in Rotterdam sometime in the late 90s.
Tulip1 wrote:We (the Dutch) have been ruled by a politic correctnes that made it impossible to address these problems.
Yep, its the same across europe. Anyone who criticises muslim immigration is not allowed on mainstream media.
Tulip1 wrote:Dutch girls are considered whores and gays are pigs accoording to the imaams. We had reporters over and over again reporting about what was being said in the mosques
Yep, thats what the imamms are telling their followers in the mosques. Channel 4, in the UK, recorded muslims encouraging followers to kill gays. It wasnt just the fringe mosques either. Regents Park mosque.
Tulip1 wrote:our political correct brigade was always putting it down as anecdotal and their culture.
Theyre in denial. They just cant handle the truth that islam just plain nasty.
smiffy

Post by smiffy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Hobbesian World View wrote:Yep, its the same across europe. Anyone who criticises muslim immigration is not allowed on mainstream media.
Geert Wilders and other members of the PVV are all over the Dutch media.