Re: Future of Atheism

Post by Beebub » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:13 am

They make good furniture too!
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Future of Atheism

Post by Tulip1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Dev wrote:I have to say, I'm gaining a lot of respect for the Quakers the more I read about them. They really are light years ahead of most religions. It is a very reasonable religion with almost no indoctrination, no wars, no abuses. I attribute this to its community based institutional structure. There exists no middle men with agendas to influence others and no hierarchy to allow for abuse of power. As attractive as it is as religions go. It isn't all wine and roses though, there is still a super natural entity and I can't bring myself to even acknowledge the possibility of an intelligent god and they still use the bible which isn't the exactly the most appropriate book for teaching morality.
Same here (and I don't like to admit it!). It is a bit my view on how I think people should do religion, if you really like your superstitsion that is. I still rather have people think rational but if they have to this is the least bad.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.