Images of Jesus Muhammad Mary cannot break Blasphemy Laws

General discussions
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Images of Jesus Muhammad Mary cannot break Blasphemy Laws

Post by Tulip1 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:09 pm

one thing you have to say from the cotholic church is that they have good marketing scales. It started in the early days with nicking everyones (pagan) celebrations and continious to this day with the portaying of their 'holy' ones. my mother always refered to the catolic church as a folkloristc institution for that reason.

And ofcourse it's racist, are most religions not racist from the core? :roll:
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:04 pm

Thanks for those pics Grania, I have to admit that the black madonna pic is beautiful, it's a pity that the arian-madonna is prevalent today.

My main point is how can you commit blasphemy against Islam, by printing a picture of him, if no one has a picture to compare it to, and if a Muslim did, then they would be themselves comitting blasphemy, if I got a pic of Dermot Ahearn and drew a big beard and white hat (not a pointy hat like kkk/pope) and posted it as Mahammad, then who can tell if I am blaspheming Islam.
Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news
Rigsby

Post by Rigsby » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:36 pm

aZerogodist wrote:My main point is how can you commit blasphemy against Islam, by printing a picture of him, if no one has a picture to compare it to, and if a Muslim did, then they would be themselves comitting blasphemy, if I got a pic of Dermot Ahearn and drew a big beard and white hat (not a pointy hat like kkk/pope) and posted it as Mahammad, then who can tell if I am blaspheming Islam.
Even if you draw a picture of an arab with a beard and write the word Mohammed under it, how do they know youre not referring to the guy who runs the local kebab shop? They dont. They riot first, ask questions later. Theyre so sensitive, its unreal
Dev
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Dev » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:23 pm

The bible only covers Jesus as a baby and the Jesus towards the end of his life.

What happened in between? What does a Jew in his 20's get up to?

-Religulous