freedom of religion

General discussions
Irish Shaman

Re: freedom of religion

Post by Irish Shaman » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:21 pm

tulip1 wrote: watched your video, great stuff. thanks for that shamless plug. don't get the community thing on youtube but subsciped anyhow!
I make quite a few, and I have over... three? hours of footage from Atheist Ireland meetings held in Dublin, so they're worth checking out.

I just posted a new thread in the "Announcements and Meetings" section for some of my latest videos that where related to good organisations as well as included some footage I got from one of the meetings from Dick Spicer of Humanist Ireland.

As for the whole "community" thing, I ment just say watch videos, get into debates and learn arguements that will come in handy.

Believe me.

It's the internets.

You will get into headed debates everywhere, even amongst other Atheists, however that's the fun of the internet.
Leaving comments, having text discussions and building up a social community on YouTube is very simple. It's quite nessisary for an online Atheist community as well to get their views out there and heard, since there are a large group of fundie evangelicals hanging around like VenomfangX, PasterJer777, TheWoodsofJordan(PJ777's kid) that pollute poples minds so horrendously.

It's an open forums for the most part, and doesn't have the "bad censorship" label on Atheism like the main media has. Well a small community do, but that's why we and I put out videos to deflate the false accusations and rumours.

Just watch peoples videos and if you like enough of them, add them and subscribe to them. Then the community strengthens and grows.

Simple, right?
*COUGH* SHAMELESSPLUG *COUGH*
http://www.youtube.com/1rishShaman

Atheism, Atheist Ireland, Gaming, The Atheist Experience... what more could you want?
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:07 am

I already discriped to your videos and from thunderf00t, watched his discussion with that cofort guy. gave me great pleasure, specially his Todd story and the end when he (thunderf00t) starts on the bible.

Liked it a lot, nice to see that comfort guy listening aswell (not that anything got through his big religous shield/skull).

I will have a look at you tube and engage in confersations on you tube aswell (under name tulipandthistle). Since debating is a bit of a hobby anyway!
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:07 am

I already discriped to your videos and from thunderf00t, watched his discussion with that cofort guy. gave me great pleasure, specially his Todd story and the end when he (thunderf00t) starts on the bible.

Liked it a lot, nice to see that comfort guy listening aswell (not that anything got through his big religous shield/skull).

I will have a look at you tube and engage in confersations on you tube aswell (under name tulipandthistle). Since debating is a bit of a hobby anyway!
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.