Debating Religion with parents.

General discussions
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Debating Religion with parents.

Post by Tulip1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:44 pm

JD12 wrote:Another question I had for them:

We're taught that god is so amazing that he clicked his fingers and created the world in 7 days, along with everything on it (not to mind the galaxy, etc).

Then we're taught that Jesus handed down the lords prayer, the our father, and told us to say it every day. So, this is written by god, and basically tells god how great he is.

Next we are told that we should worship god every sunday at mass, again, tell him how great he is.

Finally we are told that Vanity is one of the 7 deadly sins.

So, my question is - if god is so great to create everything we can see and touch, why does he want us to tell him on a daily basis how great he is? Or for that matter, why does he want billions of people to gather together once a week to worship him? Isn't that a bit vain?!

That one had them a bit stumped.
Brilliant one!! Will use that by first opportunity.
About the Tesco one, even when you are called micheal jackson people will forgive you child abuse and when you die the even call you the best.

Did you see the Thunderf00t vs Ray Comfort on youtube? He has a brilliant story about a guy called Todd. worth watching
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Regens Küchl

Re: Debating Religion with parents.

Post by Regens Küchl » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Feardorcha wrote:They're great. I wonder if we could find all the Bible references.

There must be some Christian website where we can use this stuff as it's frustrating, though entertaining, just talking among ourselves.
Great IDEA :P
THIS forum would be perfect :arrow: (But I fear they want only Angelos :oops: )
http://www.rr-bb.com/