Holiday Ideas

Stuff not related to religion or atheism.
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Holiday Ideas

Post by chemicals » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Venice is nice -no cars and you can travel about in boats all day

Give Hamburg a miss though :D
والقس هو مجنون
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Make the most of it – when the baby arrives all will change.
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
NorthOfTheBorder
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by NorthOfTheBorder » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:55 pm

Apparently Croatia's not a bad spot - never been myself but one of the wife's friends had her honeymoon there (in Dubrovnik, I think) and highly recommended it.

The Algarve's nice too - had a holiday there myself a few years ago, and found it to be quite relaxing & family-friendly. Although I would hesitate to rent a car there if I was an inexperienced driver - the Portuguese are a bit scary on the road :(
“I can live with doubt, and uncertainty, and not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong”

Richard Feynman on doubt,uncertainty and religion
Lakia13

Post by Lakia13 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Personally I love the north of Portugal. The great cities to visit, Porto, Guimaraes, Braga, etc, the beautiful coastline, fantastic food and wine and the people are very friendly and helpful.

Spammer User Banned
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 pm

We have totally ruled out visiting any Muslim country (any country with Islamic laws or traditions that treat women like shit) until the girls are old enough to accept the risk themeselves. Also we wouldn't visit Israel or other nasty regimes where the wealth is derived from war and land-grabbing. The US is also out for me on this basis (apart from the fact that I'm barred) but other family members are not so strict.
I find it uncomfortable as well as immoral staying in a holiday compound with minimum-wage servants, so that rules out most of Africa and much of Asia.
Ah well, it looks like Ballybunion again though there's a canoeing holiday in rural Spain that might be worth saving for.
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Feardorcha wrote: The US is also out for me on this basis (apart from the fact that I'm barred) but other family members are not so strict.
Wow. Am I allowed to ask what you did to have this particular honour bestowed upon you?
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Membership of organisations incompatible with the American version of democracy and activities which were inimicable to the totalitarian US world view.
Just wait till the Palinites take power and no godless heathens will be allowed within the walls.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:46 pm

The Netherlands, nice beaches where you can dig a hole and sit in it. That is if you want to keep the German tradition thing going! :wink:

Lot's of beautifull villages and history and if you are bored you can always smoke a spliff!!
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
robreynolds2

Post by robreynolds2 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:14 am

Have you considered Ireland by any chance? I have spotted some discover ireland propaganda and if it is to be believed then Ireland is a great place to visit as long as you don't mind spending a few sheckles and having S.F.A. to show for it.

http://www.discoverireland.com/int/

Look at the photos on the site.......it appears that it never rains there at all so you can be guaranteed a good time! Everyone looks so friendly. It must have changed a lot in the last three years since I lived there (I am also a German resident).
Morality is herd instinct in the individual - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.cabinbee.com
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:39 pm

I love the pubs in DiscoverIreland where you can enjoy a pint and a chat and maybe someone will produce a fiddle or tin whistle.
Here in RealIreland we only have compulsory television - large screens with sports from which there is no escape.