One down...

Commentary on and links to religion or atheism in the media
davef
One down...

Post by davef » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:27 pm

...four to go.

From Today's Indo:
THE resignation of Donal Murray as Bishop of Limerick will be announced this morning.

And it is expected that as many as four other bishops will follow suit over the coming weeks.
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: One down...

Post by Hemingway » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:48 pm

Keep em coming you child rapist cover-up facilitators.
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:48 pm

Dragged away kicking and screaming no doubt.
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
Globi

Post by Globi » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:31 am

More resignations will follow no doubt, and that is where it will probably stop.
I am afraid that, in time to come, it will be conveniently forgotten that they were all simply obeying orders from their superiors, as their vow of obedience requires of them. Orders which without any doubt originated in the Vatican, the smallest country on the planet.
This was much more than a conspiracy of silence, it was a calculated procedure of protecting the institution of an organised religion above the interest the most innocent and vulnerable.
The CCL has once again shown itself to be no more than a sinister cult, albeit a very large one, full of outdated and malignant doctrine, and completely out of touch with reality.
Yes, I welcome resignations, but it would be more meaningful to see them starting at the top.
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:37 pm

listen to the softly softly interview bishop with the shakey voice on rte1 radio one http://www.rte.ie/news/news1pm/
test
Dev
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Dev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:07 pm

I heard he is still getting paid for the rest of his life. Is there any truth to this?