Radio/TV interviews this weekend (9-10 Jan)

Dev
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Radio/TV interviews this weekend (9-10 Jan)

Post by Dev » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Has anyone any youtubeage yet? I really am awful for asking since I never actually getting around to listening live but I like to have my fingers on AI's wrist.
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:40 pm

Dev wrote:Has anyone any youtubeage yet? I really am awful for asking since I never actually getting around to listening live but I like to have my fingers on AI's wrist.
It will probably be on RTE Player from tomorrow morning onwards, at least I hope, but probably.
Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke
anadub25

Post by anadub25 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:27 am

It went well, Dill started by asking what prompted each of us to join Atheist Ireland then Michael gave the details of the blasphemy law, Conor talked about the problems with the constitution and Aby (the comedian) was gas. There were a lot of irate callers after the song was played (one claimed he was going to pass our names on to the Gardai! We got the name of Atheist Ireland out there and the general mood of the interview was upbeat and fairly informal. Good craic!
"Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis."

- Sigmund Freud -
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:11 am

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:34 am

anadub25 wrote:It went well, Dill started by asking what prompted each of us to join Atheist Ireland then Michael gave the details of the blasphemy law, Conor talked about the problems with the constitution and Aby (the comedian) was gas. There were a lot of irate callers after the song was played (one claimed he was going to pass our names on to the Gardai! We got the name of Atheist Ireland out there and the general mood of the interview was upbeat and fairly informal. Good craic!
What show was this?
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm listening to it now here:

http://media.newstalk.ie/podcasts/popup

Click on 'Listen Back', the click on Global Village. Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to fast forward it and I'm currently listening to old news! However I think the AI discussion is up 1st.
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Very good, well done chaps. It starts after about 20 minutes and runs for about 30 minutes. I'm sort of not surprised at the angry reaction to the song. It didn't just have the quote about shooting your load but weren't there a few 'fuckin' this' and 'fuckin' that' in it? I'm not sure I'd get quite so wound up about it, but I probably would have changed the channel if my kids were in the car. Isn't that what the watershed is for? Not only didn't she understand the chorus but she clearly didn't hear the expletives if she had to ask why he was annoyed.

Michael, well done for as ever being the voice of reason.
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Fast forward can be done. You do it in the circle that surrounds the play button. A strange place for a progress bar but it works.