Discuss Irish and International politics
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

New right wing political party

Post by Beebub » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:17 pm

I came accross this on an interesting blog, which can be found here:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/blogs/ireland/ ... -p184.html

It seems there's a new political party afoot, spearheaded by Marc Coleman (economist & journalist), former Libertas PR man John McGuirk and Iona Institute director David Quinn.

Their webiste is currently under construction, but I imagine they'll be people to keep an eye on. They can be found here:

http://nationalalliance.ie/

The thoughts of a political party in this realm emerging sends shivers down my spine.

Edit: Here's a cached version of their old home page, but you can't go any further than this:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=ie
bipedalhumanoid

Re: New right wing political party

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:51 pm

I couldn't think of anything worse than those clowns running the country. :shock: :shock: :shock:
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
dugges
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by dugges » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:09 pm

National Alliance?? Were/Are they a KKK Neo-Nazi group in the states? :shock:
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
Douglas Adams
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:13 pm

That article is interesting, but as I can’t watch fuzzy RTE, I wouldn't know what's going on, or not being shown as the case maybe. I don't know if RTE covered the student-riots, saw that on YT. There was a change in RTE, a few years after the big increase in licence-fee, the show that (FF & 1PD) didn't like, vanished. If only "Bull Ireland" was on the air today or for the past few years. I think they do the morning sketches on TodayFM, (I could be wrong).

I have noticed on Youtube a few Irish-people (groups?) campaigning to obliterate FF, but I think their a tad communist.
The group hopes to end civil war politics and introduce a European left-right political system here
A left-right party but leaning a tad to the far-far-far-right :)
Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:25 pm

aZerogodist wrote:A left-right party but leaning a tad to the far-far-far-right
I don't think that's what they're saying. They don't want ot be a left-right party. They want to rid of civil war politics where in many places in Ireland people really only choose between FF & FG. They want to see a left-right political system with them very much on the right.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Beebub wrote:
aZerogodist wrote:A left-right party but leaning a tad to the far-far-far-right
I don't think that's what they're saying. They don't want ot be a left-right party. They want to rid of civil war politics where in many places in Ireland people really only choose between FF & FG. They want to see a left-right political system with them very much on the right.
That makes more sense, we'll just have to wait and see.
Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:14 pm

It would be nice to see a fiscally conservative party without the christian bullshit. Something like the libetarians except way less fundamentalist.

But it looks like I won't be naturalised before the next General election anyway.
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:38 pm

bipedalhumanoid wrote:It would be nice to see a fiscally conservative party without the christian bullshit.
We had the PDs in power for many a year.

How did that go?
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:56 pm

Beebub wrote:
bipedalhumanoid wrote:It would be nice to see a fiscally conservative party without the christian bullshit.
We had the PDs in power for many a year.

How did that go?
Are you serious? The PDs were never anything more than a junior coalition partner in government. Hardly the same as being 'in power'. Do you have any particular reason to blame them for the current state of affairs?

It wasn't Mary Harney who promised there would be no job losses when the HSE was set up. The massive wastage and inefficency in the public sector is not due to right wing fiscal policies of the PDs as far as I can tell.

Most of what is wrong can be traced back to the Appalling leadership of the time.
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:51 am

its a think tank not a party
test