Exempt Letter to teacher?

Issues relating to promoting a secular state education and raising children in a non-religious home
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Re: Exempt Letter to teacher?

Post by Tulip1 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:11 pm

They were exactly the people who were angry at me in my village.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Dr Raskolnikov
Location:"In the beginning there was the word, and the word was "word up biatch""

Post by Dr Raskolnikov » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:58 am

Tulip1 wrote:They were exactly the people who were angry at me in my village.
Tulip, I would probably not be on this website if it weren't for the potential impact of religion on my son in an educational context. And my village is full of religious mentalists, much to my consternation and surprise... :roll:

My wife recently came out as an atheist at a coffee morning on our street recently (can you imagine?! :o ), and the exchange went something like this:

Mrs Dr R: "I'm an atheist and so is my husband, and our son will not be doing any kind of first confession."
Neighbour 1: "So by atheist you mean you're not really sure what's out there and you haven't decided yet?"
Mrs Dr R: "No, I'm completely sure. There's definitely nothing out there. I'm not sitting on any fences. I don't believe there's a God or any such thing as a soul or an afterlife."
Everyone: "Woooaaaaaah!"

And now all our neighbours look strangely at us in the street.

I'm very proud of my wife though. We must all "come out" as soon as possible if we are ever to reach critical mass! :D
Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it ends. Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things. - Ned Flanders
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:43 am

Haha, well I would be proud of my wife too. The strange thing in our village is that everyone knew we are atheists. I never hide it at all. But when I went public against the school they had a reason to be angry and took it with both hands.

Most of the people who were really angry told me before that they don't believe god, which makes it look like they want to prove their religiousness to the rest of the village.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.